Friday 15 June 2007

It all begins now...

I am a little annoyed with myself for not posting anything for two weeks. I have to say that although I have been busy, I think it is partly due to laziness.
I was away for most of last week and when I came back I had a bad back which laid me low for a couple of days. In the Netherlands, I managed to kill two birds with one stone. I looked at the Dutch spice and condiment market and I spent some time with a really good friend of mine. He is actually an expert in sales and he was able to advice me about the Dutch market and we were also able to have a good laugh, which we hadn't done in a while. I found out that there really is a lack of good spices in the Dutch market and the products which I aim to sell would most likely do well there. The question was whether there really is a gap in the market or whether as the research suggests, the Dutch may not need these spice blends as less food is now being cooked in the home. It seems the Dutch are now keen on ready-prepared foods and so the cooking sauce and spice market has kind of flattened in the past few years. Having said that, there is less choice in the Dutch market and maybe just maybe, if more fabulous choice was available they would make use of it.
Also this week, I made the final list of the first products which will be available at launch, I contacted two factories which I may use for the production and I am now looking at where and how I will raise investment. I am also putting together the marketing and media plan, because the most important thing right now is too prepare people for the launch of these products and also to convince them to try it. I could make the best products but if nobody knows about them or wants to try them, I have failed.
My aim was to launch in September of this year but I think that will be cutting it fine and will now aim to launch in April of next year. I can't wait!

Amiex

No comments: